The Tobacco Products Directive (TPD) will be law on May 20th 2017.
Here’s what you need to know:
1. Nicotine concentration in e-liquids will be limited to 20mg/ 2.0%
2. Refillable tanks will be limited to 2ml in volume
3. E-liquids will no longer be available in more than 10ml
4. TPD compliant labelling is required on e-cigarettes and refill containers
5. E-liquid vendors, importers and manufacturers must maintain full traceability records
6. The TPD does not prevent cross-border sales between EU member states
7. The TPD does not introduce any restrictions on e-liquid flavours
8. E-liquids must not contain additives such as caffeine or colourings
9. E-liquids must be manufactured from high-quality, pharmaceutical-grade ingredients
10. The MHRA (The UK regulator) must be notified of all new products entering the market 6 months in advance
If you are unsure about any products or how the regulation will affect you, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org. In Skwad We Trust.